Located in Sinaloa State, Mexico, the Cuitaboca silver + gold project comprises 5,500ha of exploration tenements and is ideally located located on the Pacific side of the Sierra Madre (excellent infrastructure/accessibility). Precious metal mineralisation is of low-intermediate epithermal style veins.
The Mojardina Prospect, situated in the south of the Cuitaboca Project has recorded significant silver results from low-intermediate epithermal veins. Result highlights include:
- 35m @ 221 g/t Ag from surface, including 14m @ 453 g/t Ag, 2% Zn from 21m (RC16CT-21);
- 52m @ 127 g/t Ag from surface, including 23m @ 253g/t Ag from 27m (RC16CT-23);
- 32m @ 104 g/t Ag from 98m (MJRC046); and
- 12m @ 118 g/t Ag from 99m (MJRC047).
Preliminary metallurgical test work on selected drill samples recorded silver extraction by cyanide leaching results of between 93.1 to 94.4%.
The Jesus Maria Prospect is situated in the south of the Cuitaboca Project and north of Mojardina, and has previously recorded significant silver results from trench samples, with an adit and lateral underground development completed prior to Santana’s ownership (Colateral Mine). Santana undertook further diamond-saw trench sampling in 2015-2016 and RC drilling (2016). Results from these programs included:
- Average trench intercepts of ~10m @ 100 g/t Ag along 300m strike from Manguito Zone to Jesus Maria Breccia Zone;
- 5m @ 113 g/t Ag from 24m (RC16CT-29, RC Drill-Hole); and
- 9m @ 47 g/t Ag from 21m (RC16CT-30, RC Drill-Hole).
The prospect is open in both directions along strike of the mineralised vein structure.
The La Lupita Prospect is situated in the north of the Cuitaboca Project and located on a north-east trending mineralised corridor that hosts the 1Moz Au San Jose mine, 15km to the south-east. Minor exploration has been completed at the target, composed predominately of diamond sawn channel samples with results including:
- 7m @ 161 g/t Ag, 0.66% Pb, and 0.82% Zn, including 5m @ 222g/t Ag, 0.83 % Pb and 1.4% Zn (LUTR_05);
- 1.1m @ 158g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 1.62% Zn (LUTR_07);
- 2.9m @ 281g/t Ag, 3.1% Pb, and 3.0% Zn (LUTR_08); and
- 1.7m @ 514g/t Ag, 6.8% Pb, and 5.4% Zn (LUTR_09).
In addtion, previous channel sampling completed in the 1990s recorded anomalous gold values, that Santana considers significant due to being on the same structural corridor as the San Jose Mine and justifies further exploration at the target.